Using a VPN is a great way to help you enhance your privacy and security during your online activity. If many internet users associate VPN with a solution mainly used by tech gurus when, in reality, a VPN is so easy to use that even dummies can deal with it.
A Virtual Private Network, is a security technology meant for protecting and encrypting one’s connection . It creates a secure and private VPN tunnel between two devices, allowing users to securely and privately surf the web. You can think about it like a train in a tunnel . When the train is in the tunnel, no one can see it. When you are in the VPN tunnel, hackers or your ISP can’t spy on your activities because your data gets encrypted.
The main reason why you would want to use a VPN is to prevent your ISP from tracking your online activity . It will permit you to surf privately. It can also protect your family members. But privacy is not only the main reason why to use a VPN. Let’s review some.
Why you should use a VPN?
- Cybercrime: is another serious reason why you should consider using a VPN. The number of online-related dangers is increasing rapidly and protecting your online identity and activities is mandatory. Nowadays, we work online, we chat online, and we shop online. All these important activities imply using sensitive data like credit card details and private conversations that a VPN can secure.
- For Fun: a VPN can help you forget about bandwidth throttling and unblock geo-restricted websites like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, access services from specific countries, access websites like Facebook or VoIP services like Skype. Not all VPNs are capable of bypassing DPI and firewalls, as only providers with a performant server network can assist you .
- Work productivity and security: VPNs are important tools to ensure work productivity and secure access to a company’s network and resources. It provides security for both employees and companies. Employees can work from anywhere and using such technology ensure more stability and security. You can imagine an employee working from a table in a coffee shop or on a sunny beach. With the VPN activated he can use the local wifi hotspot to connect to the enterprise in a secure way.
- Protecting your home network: in every household, there is at least one smart TV, laptop, a PC, maybe a gaming console, and other devices permanently connected to the internet . A VPN comes in handy to solve the issue with devices that natively do not support a VPN connection or app.
- Gaming: VPN may be the perfect tool to troubleshoot unreliable connections and protect the users against attacks while enhancing connectivity, secure the connections or using private gaming servers.
How to choose and get a VPN?
To use a VPN you will need a software. Most of them are compatible with the popular operating systems. With one single subscription, you may secure all your devices.
When I choose a VPN provider, I habitually look at two criteria: efficiency and security.Providers like NordVPN go the extra mile for their customers in order to provide highly performant apps compatible with the most popular operating systems like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and even Linux. if you want to get your hands on a performant VPN, you have to make sure that you have a good VPN experience.
A secure VPN server can have connection drops or it can slow down your connection . this is why you should make sure you’re connecting to a VPN server that’s not overloaded. This is where efficiency comes into play. The wider the VPN network of the provider is, the better because this way the provider can ensure more security without cutting into efficiency.
Where to get a VPN?
On the internet, you will find a lot of advertisement for free VPNs services. I do not recommend to go for a free service. The level of protection provided by such a service is not always the best. Using a VPN you tunnel your connection using a server you do not control so be responsible. If it is free, it is maybe dangerous. Better to choose a professional provider like NordVpn for example.
You should also choose VPN providers with a clear NO Logs policy. This means that the VPN provider will not retain or log your online activity information. Your future VPN should also respect the data retention law and should be GDPR compliant.
VPNs are legal to use in most countries around the world and are safe to use. No matter if you’re looking for the best option to browse anonymously, unblock your favorite online content, download torrents, or search for the cheapest plane tickets, a VPN can always help you.
So if you are looking for your new VPN provider just go to NordVpn and enjoy!